Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Still chilly today Tuesday - off to play flutes at Annie's

Sunday we went over to the College of the Desert and poked around their stands, I was looking for bifocal sunglasses, that is, clear at the top, and prescription for reading at the bottom.  Perfect, I bought 2 pairs for $12, why can't we find them in Canada? The man who carries them says he orders them right from China, and we could also get them in Canada.......

Then I got a massage over at Westfield Shopping Centre, from the Chinese folks there, and man oh man, I have never had such a painful experience in my life.  I am still aching all over my back, neck and shoulders.  Ouch and more ouch, and I had to pay for the experience......Feel as if I am bruised under my skin.  Oh me oh my.

Monday we had a meeting here in the park in the morning, to set the agenda for next week's board meeting, then in the evening folks from home in Nanaimo who snowbird here like us asked us for dinner.

Their house is so lovely, it is in Mission Hills Country Club high up in Desert Hot Springs at the western side, the house is huge, almost too big, but wonderful, so well laid out, the guests are separate from the main bedroom, so an easy house to entertain in.  We had a lovely dinner with them, Sophie and Larry, and got to know them a bit more, as they have just moved in to our complex at home in Nanaimo.  Sophie is from Poland, and Larry worked in Atmospheric Environment Svces, on the research side, he is an engineer oriented toward space.

This afternoon I got my hair cut at a new place, my hairdresser passed away from jaw cancer, so I went to Lindsey at Desert Strands, she is great, and not far away, just up the street on the main drag of Desert Hot Springs.

Also this afternoon we got a book in the mail all about artistic relief carving patterns, Lary didn't order it, so we are a bit mystified about that.  It is lovely.

Our tenants over in #56 mentioned that there was a propane leak there, so we needed a new regulator,  Reg our tenant and Lary got one at Blair's Station RV parts, and put it in themselves.  The regulator we had was actually for a 2 bottle propane setup, so the new one is just for one bottle, better for us and more appropriate.

Tomorrow evening we have an Emergency Preparedness meeting.  This morning we went over to visit our friends from Keremeos, Bernice and Gordie.  They are having to replace their RV hot water tank, so their basement area is soaking wet at the moment.  And on the way down they had to replace another part in their rig too.  Challenging.

Our weather seems to have stopped blowing, but there was not only a wind warning but a frost warning for us here.  Seems that our temps are going to return to the 70s by the weekend, I say bring them on.  The sky is bright blue again, no wind howling in our ears or sand swirling, so all is getting back to right down here in the sunbelt.

This has been a lovely bougainvillea year it seems, those bright pink blooms are as lovely as I have ever seen them.  We took off the sun screen from one window so we can get the winter sunshine inside the trailer, when the screens are on we have more privacy, but the temps stay lower of course too, and for the winter it's nice to have the warmth of the sun in the house, at times.  The sunscreens also give us much more privacy, as you can't see in through them, but they also impede your vision looking out.  When it is hot they are a welcome relief, but not that necessary at this time of year.

Thanks for visiting our site.

No comments:

Post a Comment